Archive for October, 2009


Friday, October 23rd, 2009

Well, the hard copies of the translations seem to have gotten hung up, or worse- lost, in the mail. But I was able to get digital copies and print them out. I think it should be OK with the digital prints but if needed I can always drive down to Capistrano and get them from the translator… that is if they don’t show up in the next few days.

Now just praying for the certified docs to come in early. I was praying for them this week, but nothing yet…


Citizenship Update: Adoption Docs… again….

Tuesday, October 13th, 2009

I needed to get all the adoption docs certified and an apostille on each one and then get them translated and sent back to the lawyer. Since I had to petition an Orange County Superior court¬†judge to have access to the adoption docs a few years ago, but didn’t get all the docs certified, I was hoping to have the remaining docs certified over the counter by simply bringing them back in.

Doesn’t work that way apparently, so I will need to again request access to the folder and have them certified and then sent to the house. I’m asking for EVERYthing in the folder to be certified this time…. at least it doesn’t cost anything…. so that whatever they might need in relation to that folder will covered.

I sent them in 2009 Oct 08, and will be expecting them back somewhere around the end of this month or the first week of November.

In the meantime, I’ll have to get the copies I have right now translated into Italian, and THEN haul them all to the State Dept and have them apostilled for 26 USD per doc. Just waiting on the lawyer for confirmation of which docs he will need because I’d rather not pay the translation and apostille fees for the docs he doesn’t. That could run the cost up pretty high.

Ronnie and Kristi

Tuesday, October 13th, 2009

Well, this post has been on hold for some time, but I think it’s time to clarify the situation as it stands. Ronnie has been struggling with some issues for the last few years and is not at this point ready to head to Italy in ministry. I hope that will change, and I am sure that the Lord will continue to use Ronnie and the gifts he has given him, even if it isn’t in Italy. But for now, Shelly and I will continue moving down the road on our own.

I’ll be removing the bio pages starting today.

All my best to both of them in dealing with the issues at hand and may God continue to provide everything they need in whatever capacity he chooses to use them.


Citizenship Updates

Wednesday, October 7th, 2009

Thanks for any of you that were praying. I can’t divulge anything at all right now, but it’s starting to look like we may have an opening and things will work out.