the consulate called me today

… Monica told me that she had checked with her contacts and she is convinced I don’t have a good chance of getting the citizenship without petitioning the courts in Italy to recognize it. I’m still holding out to see if they change thier minds once they see my original birth cert. But if things don’t change, then it looks like we’ll have to file a petition in Rome to have them recognize the adoption before we can get citizenship. This would seriously slow down the process…. 5-6 years.

Whatever God wants. Pray for me that we can figure out his will in this instance. But outside of some kind of intervention we will continue down the path even if it takes 5-6 more years till it happens. Lots can happen between now and then if indeed that is what he wants.

By next week this time we will be settling into bed our first night in Italy.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.